Online ExcelTrack® Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
Program at a Glance
- Control your pace, your deadlines, the number of courses you take at a time, and which resources will help you learn best.
- Speed past what you know and learn what you need with our ExcelTrack® program.
- Earn the same high-quality bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity as a standard online Purdue Global program—only faster and for less money.*
- ExcelTrack® allows you to use your work experience and prior learning as transfer credit to save time and complete your degree sooner.†
- Take as many 1-credit courses as you want in a term and pay one flat tuition rate.
We offer multiple start dates to give you flexibility in your education, life, and work schedules.
ExcelTrack® Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity Overview
As the demand for cybersecurity experts continues to rise, organizations are seeking professionals with the skills and knowledge to protect them from present and potential threats. Purdue Global’s ExcelTrack® bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity helps you gain the skills to detect and prevent a wide range of cybersecurity issues.
Designed for highly disciplined, self-motivated learners with strong professional knowledge, our ExcelTrack® bachelor's in cybersecurity builds on the skills and knowledge you’ve already mastered to help you earn your degree faster.
ExcelTrack® gives you more control over your education, allowing you to speed past what you already know and focus only on mastering what you need to learn. You’ll be prepared to recognize best practices and identify IT security threats and products to ensure you are well prepared to work in the field of cybersecurity.
Once enrolled in the online cybersecurity bachelor’s degree program, you will take a series of assessments to demonstrate what you already know and identify which courses you need to take. A faculty member will work with you to ensure you’re on track to successfully complete each course.
Work at your own pace while studying 100% online. Speed up or slow down as much as you want, based on your schedule and personal learning path. You are evaluated by how well you demonstrate competencies, not by how long it takes to learn them.
Each ExcelTrack® course is a single credit, covering a particular skill or piece of knowledge. You advance based on what you already know and spend time only on what you need to learn.
Take as many 1-credit classes as you want every term for a flat rate of $2,500, excluding fees. Taking more credits per term lowers the average cost per credit.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.
- You are a self-motivated, driven student with strong time management skills.
- You have 3 years of experience working in a setting relevant to your program of study.
- You possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
If you decide to enroll, you must complete orientation before you start classes.LEARN MORE ABOUT ExcelTrack®
Purdue Global's School of Business and Information Technology has received programmatic accreditation for the following programs:
The Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org.
With ABET accreditation, students, employers, and all those served by the University can be confident that a program meets the quality standards that produce graduates prepared to enter a global workforce.
Purdue Global Is Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
The HLC (HLCommission.org) is an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
You must be a high school graduate or possess a General Educational Development (GED) certificate or other equivalency diploma. You are also encouraged to complete orientation before you start classes. Refer to the University Catalog or speak to an Advisor to learn more.
Ways to Save
Earn credit for prior coursework completed at eligible institutions, including community colleges.
Prior Work Experience
You could earn undergraduate credit for your life and professional career experiences.
Title IV federal financial aid is available for many of our degree programs.
Learn about federal financial grants and loan programs that may be available.
Prior Military Experience
We offer credit for ACE-evaluated training and CLEP and DANTES examinations.
Prepare to Sit for Industry Certifications
This program provides you with the depth and breadth of materials to pursue many of the critical certifications recognized by the information assurance community and for Department of Defense (DoD) personnel, as mandated by DoD Directive 8570.1.‡
Earn Credit for Prior Certification
If you’ve already completed certification exams, you may be eligible for credit toward your degree. Learn more about eligible IT certification exams.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, information security analyst is projected to be one of the top 10 fastest-growing occupations from 2021 to 2031.§
What Courses Will I Take?
The ExcelTrack® cybersecurity degree consists of 174 single-credit courses as well as a 6-credit capstone course.
All cybersecurity courses are updated regularly by our dedicated curriculum department and advisory board to ensure they reflect the most recent developments in the field.See All ExcelTrack Courses
- Risk Assessment and Network Monitoring
- Cybersecurity Security Models
- Incident Prevention and Response Strategies
- Ethical Hacking Plans
Choose from eight cybersecurity concentrations to focus your electives on an area of study that best fits your desired career path:
- CISSP Certification Preparation: Prepare to take the rigorous ISC(2) Certified Information Systems Security Professional exam, demonstrating your knowledge to design, develop, and manage security infrastructures.‡
- Cloud Computing: Learn to effectively migrate applications and computing systems to the cloud and learn the intricacies of AWS and Azure. Apply specialized techniques to ensure data security.
- Data Management: Study SQL Server, Hive, HBase, and MySQL, and learn how to use these tools to manage, manipulate, and analyze data and to report results.
- Software Development Using C#: Focus on the C# programming language in software design and development, including web and mobile applications. C# is an object-oriented, component-oriented programming language.
- Software Development Using Java: Use the Java programming language to design, develop and write programs across devices. Java remains the most popular language for application software development.
- Software Development Using Python: Explore software development concepts using the Python programming language while applying related approaches to data structures, algorithms, web services, graphics, mobile, and multimedia. Python is a versatile language known for its beginner friendliness, making it widely used.
- Core Credits45
- Major Credits85
- Elective Credits50
- Total Credits180
Cybersecurity Career Opportunities
Whether you’re preparing for entry-level management positions or want to advance your current career, the ExcelTrack® Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity may help you qualify for a variety of positions.
Top 5 Skills Employers Are Looking for:
- Critical Thinking
- Active Listening
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Complex Problem Solving
- Systems Analysis
Top Jobs With This Degree
Labor market, salary, and projected growth information are supplied by Emsi. Average salary range is based on national data. Projected growth represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2018–2030) at the state level and is based on your geographic location. Actual outcomes vary by geographic area, previous work experience, and opportunities for employment. Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment placement, salary level, or career advancement.
Get to Know Our Faculty
Purdue Global faculty members are real-world practitioners who bring knowledge gained through the powerful combination of higher learning and industry experience.View Information Technology Faculty Directory
Publications and Development Hours: Statistics include all Purdue Global faculty members and are not school- or program-specific calculations. Source: Purdue Global Office of Reporting and Analysis, July 2022. 2021–2022 academic year.
Download our brochure to learn more about the Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity and the benefits of earning your degree at Purdue Global.
Take 3 Weeks to Get to Know Us
Not sure if Purdue Global is right for you? Experience a Purdue Global undergraduate program for an introductory 3-week period.
There’s no financial obligation and no cost to apply.
That’s the Purdue Global Commitment.
*ExcelTrack® is designed to advance your progress based on existing knowledge; however, degree pace and time and cost savings will vary by individual. Students must enroll in a minimum number of credits per term to remain eligible for financial aid. Refer to the Financial Information section of the University Catalog for additional information. Enrollees will pay a per-term resource fee and associated program fees. Program includes a traditional 6-credit capstone course; however, tuition is charged at the ExcelTrack® rate.
†Credit for Prior Learning: Purdue Global does not guarantee transferability of credit from any of these sources. See the University Catalog for the Prior Learning policy.
‡Certification Exams: Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.
§Job Growth: Source: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Information Security Analysts and Fastest Growing Occupations. National long-term projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions, and do not guarantee actual job growth.