Purdue Global can help determine if you are eligible for federal financial aid, including grants and loan programs.
Learn about the grant options that may be available to Purdue Global students.*
Returning Student Relief Grant
The Returning Student Relief Grant was developed to encourage withdrawn students who meet eligibility requirements to reenroll in Purdue Global and complete a program of study. The Grant clears outstanding debt (maximum $4,500) owed directly to Purdue Global for prior enrollment (excluding Title IV student loans or other private funding) after eligible students successfully complete the first term following reenrollment. Student loans or private funding obtained by the student, whether past or future, are the sole financial responsibility of the student.
Eligibility and Other Information
To receive the Grant, you must complete the following:
- Be a returning student online or at a Purdue Global location;
- Have withdrawn from a prior Purdue Global degree or certificate program with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 (undergraduate students) or 3.0 (graduate students) at the time of withdrawal;
- Be current on repayment of federal student loans, if applicable;
- Reenroll in a Purdue Global degree or certificate program;
- Meet all Purdue Global admissions requirements for the program of study and be fully accepted into the program;
- Enroll in at least two courses per term (undergraduate students) or one course per term (graduate students) by December 23, 2023, and start no later than January 3, 2024;
- Meet Purdue Global standards with SAP, which will allow for satisfactory academic progress as outlined in the University Catalog; and
- Be continually enrolled at Purdue Global, with allowances only for military leaves of absence consistent with policies stated in the University Catalog.
To have the prior debt fully forgiven/waived, you must complete the following:
- Successfully complete the first term following reenrollment.
- Meet all academic requirements to maintain the Returning Student Relief Grant.
- Satisfy any new financial obligations owed directly to Purdue Global.