Online Applied Behavior Analysis Postbaccalaureate Certificate
Program at a Glance
- Develop the knowledge to advance in your current ABA career or explore other opportunities in the field.
- Prepare to sit for the Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst® Examination.
- Complete a practicum experience to gain valuable real-world experience.
- Learn from faculty in who are working professionals in the behavior analysis field.
We offer multiple start dates to give you flexibility in your education, life, and work schedules.
Applied Behavior Analysis Postbaccalaureate Certificate Overview
Interested in studying what motivates human behavior? Purdue Global’s Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Postbaccalaureate Certificate is designed for just that
The certificate provides applied behavior analysis training focused on improving the skills and achievements of children in school settings; enhancing the development, abilities, and choices of children and adults with different kinds of disabilities; and increasing the performance and satisfaction of employees in organizations and businesses.
Our ABA postbaccalaureate coursework is designed to prepare you to:
- Draw upon foundational principles in the field of applied behavior analysis to provide assessments, design behavior intervention plans, and evaluate the effectiveness of treatment of children and adults with special needs.
- Utilize basic methodologies in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and the interpretation and evaluation of findings to determine effective client services.
- Use analytical thinking, skeptical inquiry, and the scientific approach to solve problems and design individualized treatment plans related to behavior and mental health as defined in the DSM-5 diagnostic categories.
- Apply conceptual knowledge of the principles of applied behavior analysis to case examples and scenarios that reflect everyday problems within individuals, families, and organizations with regard to functional assessments, behavior intervention plans, and the evaluation of effectiveness of treatment.
- Explain treatment approaches in terms that clients, their families, and organizations can understand to gain informed consent.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.
The Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) has verified the course sequence of the Applied Behavior Analysis Postbaccalaureate Certificate toward the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst examination.*
Note: Applicants will need to meet additional requirements before they can be deemed eligible to take the examination. Refer to Purdue Global's State Licensure and Certifications page for state-specific licensure information. Visit the BACB website (www.BACB.com) for additional state-specific requirements.View BACB exam pass rates
Our rich online experience includes several opportunities to network and build on your knowledge and skills.
Students are invited to join organizations such as the Psychology Club and Autism Speaks U.
Purdue Global Is Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
The HLC (HLCommission.org) is an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required to enroll. You will need to provide an official transcript that shows completion of your bachelor’s degree, though an unofficial copy may be provided during the application process. Refer to the University Catalog or speak to an Advisor to learn more.
Ways to Save
Title IV federal financial aid is available for many of our degree programs.
Corporate Partner Benefits
Employees of Purdue Global partner organizations may be eligible for special tuition reductions.
International Tuition Reduction
International students living outside of the United States are eligible for a 25% tuition reduction.
What Courses Will I Take?
The curriculum includes six courses that focus on people who are developmentally disabled, autistic, and suffering from traumatic brain injuries.See All Applied Behavior Analysis Courses
- Exceptional Needs Children
- Applied Behavior Analysis I
- Applied Behavior Analysis II
- Screening and Assessment
- Program Design and Evaluation
- Core Credits41
- Total Credits41
With an applied behavior analysis certificate, you can gain specialized knowledge to reduce problem behavior; improve patient performance in settings such as group homes, clinics, corporations, and nonprofits; develop intervention and treatment plans; and work as a consultant.
Possible career areas may include mental health, social services, or educational centers.†
Top 5 Skills Employers Are Looking for:
- Active Listening
- Service Orientation
- Social Perceptiveness
Top Jobs With This Degree
Labor market, salary, and projected growth information are supplied by Emsi. Average salary range is based on national data. Projected growth represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2018–2030) at the state level and is based on your geographic location. Actual outcomes vary by geographic area, previous work experience, and opportunities for employment. Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment placement, salary level, or career advancement.
Get to Know Our Faculty
Purdue Global faculty members are real-world practitioners who bring knowledge gained through the powerful combination of higher learning and industry experience.View Psychology Faculty Directory
Statistics include all Purdue Global faculty members and are not school or program-specific calculations. Source: Purdue Global Office of Reporting and Analysis, July 2022. 2021–2022 academic year.
Take 3 Weeks to Get to Know Us
Not sure if Purdue Global is right for you? Experience a Purdue Global undergraduate program for an introductory 3-week period.
There’s no financial obligation and no cost to apply.
That’s the Purdue Global Commitment.
Download our brochure to learn more about our psychology programs and the benefits of earning your certificate at Purdue Global.
*Certification Exams: Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.
†Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. The professional practice of psychology is regulated by each state, and the degree requirements of this program do not guarantee or prepare you for licensure in any state upon graduation.