Online Master of Professional Studies
Program at a Glance
- Build your own custom degree plan to align with your professional and personal interests through a flexible Individualized Learning Plan (ILP).
- Select courses from a broad spectrum of focus areas, including business, IT, government, non-profit, legal studies, military, and more based on your career goals and interests.
- This graduate-level program affords you the flexibility to maximize your transfer credits and customize your degree.
- Save on tuition or graduate faster. Apply prior graduate-level coursework and transfer up to 25 credits that can be applied to your major electives.*
- Earn a highly valued graduate certificate in diversity, equity, and inclusivity (DEI) with an optional concentration.
We offer multiple start dates to give you flexibility in your education, life, and work schedules.
Master’s Degree in Professional Studies Overview
This graduate-level program affords you the flexibility to maximize your transfer credits and customize your degree by selecting from a broad spectrum of courses based on your career goals and interests. By developing your skills in one or more focus areas, you’ll increase your marketability, gain a competitive edge in the workforce, and have the opportunity to advance or work in your field of interest. You can select courses from a wide range of fields, including business, IT, government, non-profit, legal studies, military, and more, or select a concentration in diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
Our faculty advisers will help you build a flexible Individualized Learning Plan (ILP) to help you customize your degree plan to match your career goals and interests. The core curriculum will help enhance your professional skills so they align with what employers are looking for, such as: professional global communication, research methods and data literacy, ethics, visionary leadership, understanding conflict and collaboration, competitive positioning, planning, and decision-making.
Begin by Creating an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP)
Work with a Purdue Global faculty advisor to custom-design your degree pathway, known as an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP).
- Create your personal career-goal statement.
- Review your previously earned college credits.
- Learn what is required to meet the degree program.
- Choose up to three focus areas that align with your career goals.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.
You can transfer up to 25 credits of previous graduate coursework into the 50-hour degree program to help you graduate faster and save on your master’s degree.*
Purdue Global Is Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
The HLC (HLCommission.org) is an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
A bachelor’s degree is required to enroll in a master’s degree program. You will need to provide an official transcript that shows completion of your bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, though an unofficial copy may be provided during the application process. Refer to the University Catalog or speak to an Advisor to learn more.
- Communication: Communicate effectively in a diverse global environment.
- Research and Data Literacy: Apply data-driven approaches to making decisions that improve professional practice and implement innovative solutions.
- Ethical Leadership: Evaluate the ethical implications of organizational decisions in the broader global community.
- Problem-Solving: Analyze information from multiple sources and provide solutions to problems in a professional context that demonstrate strategic thinking.
- Development: Develop an individualized program-specific outcome directly corresponding to the student's area of study and matching their professional area of interest.
Ways to Save
Prior Work Experience
You could earn undergraduate credit for your life and professional career experiences.
Title IV federal financial aid is available for many of our degree programs.
Learn about federal financial grants and loan programs that may be available.
Corporate Partner Benefits
Employees of Purdue Global partner organizations may be eligible for special tuition reductions.
Military Tuition Reduction
55% reduction per credit for current servicemembers, 38% per credit for veterans for undergraduate programs.
Prior Military Experience
We offer credit for ACE-evaluated training and CLEP and DANTES examinations.
International Tuition Reduction
International students living outside of the United States are eligible for a 25% tuition reduction.
What Courses Will I Take?
In the bachelor’s degree program, you’ll complete the core and major requirements and choose electives that support the goals developed in your ILP. You can select electives from a variety of areas or focus on a concentration in diversity, equity, and inclusivity. Each course is taught by an experienced professional with extensive real-world knowledge.See Professional Studies Degree Plan
- Graduate Capstone in Professional Studies
- Professional Global Communication
- Professional Research Methods and Data Literacy
- Professional and Organizational Ethics
- Visionary Leadership, Conflict, and Collaboration
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity Concentration
Gain the tools and specialized skills needed to become an agent of organizational change. This concentration will help you cultivate a diverse and inclusive workplace in a wide variety of career fields. Students who successfully complete the concentration will also receive a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity (DEI) Graduate Certificate.
- Core Credits20
- Major Credits30–32
- Total Credits50–52
Master of Professional Studies Career Opportunities
Earning your master’s in professional studies from Purdue Global can prepare you for a wide variety of career outcomes, depending on your interests, background, and previous work experience. Begin a new career or prepare to pursue opportunities in a number of rewarding fields.
Top 5 Skills Employers Are Looking for:
- Research and Data Literacy
- Ethical Leadership
- Complex Problem-solving
Top Jobs With This Degree
Labor market, salary, and projected growth information are supplied by Emsi. Average salary range is based on national data. Projected growth represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2018–2030) at the state level and is based on your geographic location. Actual outcomes vary by geographic area, previous work experience, and opportunities for employment. Purdue Global does not guarantee employment placement, salary level, or career advancement.
Get to Know Our Faculty
Purdue Global faculty members are real-world practitioners who bring knowledge gained through the powerful combination of higher learning and industry experience.View Multidisciplinary and Professional Studies Faculty Directory
Statistics include all Purdue Global faculty members and are not school or program-specific calculations. Source: Purdue Global Office of Reporting and Analysis, July 2022. 2021–2022 academic year.
Discover your work interests, and use them to chart your ideal career path.
Download our brochure to learn more about our Master of Professional Studies and the benefits of earning your degree at Purdue Global.